Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My Views On The Subject...

This is an e-mail I wrote to the PM...



Dear Prime Minister,

I understand that tomorrow you plan on voting against same sex marriages. Although I doubt that you will actually read this e-mail I must voice my displeasure with this idea. I will be the first to admit I am a very liberal thinker. If two people love truley love each other, they have a right to be together.

Our country bends over backwards to be as accommodating to people of other nationalities. And I feel that Canada has lost part of its identity on account of that. I realize that we are a multicultural society, and I appreciate and am very proud of the fact that we, unlike our melting pot neighbours, embrace people's ethnicities and celebrate that we are all in fact different.

So sir, why is it that we are not accommodating our own citizens as well? I present this question to you:

If homosexuality was something that was only practiced in another country, and gay marriage was part of their religion, would it then become legalized?

If two people love each other what right do any of us have to tell them that what they are doing isn't legal?

I'm sure you are a religious man yourself, so I say let God decide what is right and wrong in the matters of love. In the matters of the law, if for no other reason then allowing two people who love each other share the same dental plan. Please rethink your vote.

Thank You,

Miko

No comments: